- of or relating to Aaron.
- pertaining or belonging to the order of Jewish priests descended from Aaron.
- of the second, or lesser, order of priesthood in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Origin of Aaronic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for aaronic
By Him, not by the Aaronic ministry, they are to bring their sacrifices to God.Messages from the Epistle to the Hebrews
Handley C.G. Moule
There are two classes of priesthood: The Melchizedek and the Aaronic.The Mormon Puzzle, and How to Solve It
R. W. Beers
It concludes with a splendid paraphrase of the Aaronic benediction.The Story of Our Hymns
Ernest Edwin Ryden
The lesser branch is called the Levitical or Aaronic, because it was conferred upon Aaron and his posterity.Cowley's Talks on Doctrine
Matthias F. Cowley
The angel then laid his hands on their heads and ordained them to the Aaronic Priesthood.
- of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- of or relating to the Israelite high priesthood
- of or relating to the priesthood in general
- Mormon Church denoting or relating to the second order of the Mormon priesthood
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012