- a benign tumor originating in a secretory gland.
- a benign tumor of glandlike structure.
Origin of adenoma
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for adenomata
In the case of simple cysts, adenomata, and dermoids, the results are encouraging.
Parovarian and Grtnerian cysts are found, and adenomata form 20% of all ovarian cysts.
Certain growths, such as adenomata, are liable to cystic degeneration, and cysts are also found in malignant disease.
- a tumour, usually benign, occurring in glandular tissue
- a tumour having a glandlike structure
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A benign epithelial tumor having a glandular origin and structure.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.