- a person or thing that aggregates.
- Digital Technology. a web-based or installed application that aggregates related, frequently updated content from various Internet sources and consolidates it in one place for viewing: an automated news aggregator.Compare feed(def 23), RSS.
- a company that negotiates the purchase of public-utility services on behalf of a group of customers but does not sell the services: an electric power aggregator.
Origin of aggregator
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for aggregator
The Daily Beast started as an aggregator with some original reporting as a side dish.The Daily Beast Turns 2!
October 5, 2010
- a business organization that collates the details of an individual's financial affairs so that the information can be presented on a single website
- a firm that brings together a large group of consumers on whose behalf it negotiates reduced rates for good or services, esp in the energy sector
- a web application that draws together syndicated content from various online sources and displays it in a single location for the user’s convenience
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012