- the system, especially a government postal system, of sending mail by airplane.
- a letter, package, etc., sent by this system.
- a stamp authorizing delivery of mail by this system.
- of or relating to airmail.
- by airmail: Send all overseas letters airmail.
- to send via airmail: I airmailed the package yesterday.
Origin of airmail
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the system of conveying mail by aircraft
- mail conveyed by aircraft
- of, used for, or concerned with airmail
- (tr) to send by airmail
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for air mail
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper