or air time
- the particular time that a program is broadcast or scheduled for broadcast: The airtime for the newscast is 10 p.m.
- the time during which a broadcast takes place: The airtime for the new show is from 10 to 10:30 p.m.
- a block of such time sold by a radio or television station to an advertiser, allotted to a political candidate, etc.: The company bought three minutes of airtime.
Origin of airtime
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the time allocated to a particular programme, item, topic, or type of material on radio or television
- the time of the start of a radio or television broadcast
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012