- having more than two haploid sets of chromosomes that are dissimilar and derived from different species.
- an allopolyploid cell or organism.
Origin of allopolyploid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
- an interspecific hybrid of this type that is therefore fertile
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Having two or more complete sets of chromosomes derived from different species.
- An allopolyploid organism.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.