- having or showing little or no emotion: apathetic behavior.
- not interested or concerned; indifferent or unresponsive: an apathetic audience.
Origin of apathetic
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. unfeeling, impassive, cool. 2. uninterested, unconcerned.
1. emotional. 2. concerned.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for apathetical
Agatha studied Irene's apathetical face, and wondered how she could have changed into such a fright.Hope Mills
Amanda M. Douglas
- having or showing little or no emotion; indifferent
C18: from apathy + pathetic
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for apathetical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Lacking interest or concern; indifferent.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.