- adopted in order to deceive; fictitious; pretended; feigned: an assumed name; an assumed air of humility.
- taken for granted; supposed: His assumed innocence proved untrue.
Origin of assumed
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for assumedly
Compounds have been put upon the market which assumedly claim to be cures for tackiness.The Preparation of Plantation Rubber
- false; fictitiousan assumed name
- taken for grantedan assumed result
- usurped; arrogatedan assumed authority
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012