- an affectionate term used to address or refer to one’s girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, etc.: I love you, bae.
- greatly admired or loved.
- very cool; great. His accent is so totally bae!
Origin of bae
Like similar uses of babe and baby , the word bae may sometimes be disparaging or offensive when used to refer to someone considered attractive or when used to address a stranger or casual acquaintance.
- Bureau of Agricultural Economics.
- Bureau of American Ethnology.
- Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering.
- Bachelor of Agricultural Engineering.
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering.
- Bachelor of Art Education.
- Bachelor of Arts in Education.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bae
This was less than two months after Bae had been taken captive.Pyongyang Primer: Kenneth Bae Comes Home
November 15, 2014
Bae,” for example, is a term of endearment that is either short for “baby” or an acronym for “before anyone else.
Other notable candidates include “bae,” “om nom nom nom,” “turnt,” and “basic.”
The question is: Why free Fowle, Bae, and Miller at this particular moment?Why North Korea Released Two Americans
Gordon G. Chang
November 9, 2014
Bae, a tour operator, had spend two years in prison, Miller had been in for seven months.To Free American Prisoners, America’s Top Spy Goes to North Korea
November 8, 2014
These two pencils are returned along cae and bae, and the interference of the two is observed in the telescope at e.