- Sir Charles,1795–1860, English architect.
- John,1745–1803, American naval commander in the Revolution.
- Leonora Marie KearneyMother Lake, 1849–1930, U.S. labor leader and social activist, born in Ireland.
- Philip,1896–1949, U.S. playwright.
- a male given name: from an Irish word meaning “spear.”
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for barry
Barry showed me his room—a one bedroom with a killer view of Riverbank State Park and the Hudson.His First Day Out Of Jail After 40 Years: Adjusting To Life Outside
January 3, 2015
Random House is also covering the legal fees of an innocent man called Barry who was caught up in the storm.
Random House agreed that all future editions of the book will state that “Barry” was a pseudonym.
In “Barry,” an essay in Not That Kind of Girl, Dunham describes being sexually assaulted.
Nolte's Breitbart report on Dunham's "Barry" reeks of obliviousness.
At the mention of the name "Darcy," Barry sprang to his feet!
Barry must die; but what shall I profit by killing him if I kill this woman also?
Barry entered the army under the most terrific pressure only.
Most of Barry Cornwall's and Mrs. Heman's songs are written in it.A Dish Of Orts
Or was Barry Elder more successful now that he had left the army?The Innocent Adventuress
Mary Hastings Bradley
- Australian slang a mistake or blunder; a disappointing performance
rhyming slang for shocker
- a port in SE Wales, in Vale of Glamorgan county borough on the Bristol Channel. Pop: 50 661 (2001)
- (ˈbærɪ) Sir Charles . 1795–1860, English architect: designer of the Houses of Parliament in London
- (French bari) Comtesse du .See du Barry
- John, real name John Barry Prendergast. 1933–2011, British composer of film scores, including several for films in the James Bond series
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012