- occurring every two months.
- occurring twice a month; semimonthly.
- a bimonthly publication.
- every two months: Next year we plan six field trips to take place bimonthly.
- twice a month; semimonthly.
Origin of bimonthly
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bi-monthly
It appears bi-monthly, and is under the direction of the Conference of Principals.The Deaf
The advantage of a bi-monthly mail is of course a distinct question.The Life of Sir Rowland Hill, Vol. II (of 2)
A journal of natural history published bi-monthly at Berlin.A History of Science, Volume 5(of 5)
Henry Smith Williams
“President Wakefield wants us to have bi-monthly meetings,” continued Judy.Molly Brown's Freshman Days
They were broken by bi-monthly "levees," at which Mr. and Mrs. Davis received "the world and his wife."Four Years in Rebel Capitals
T. C. DeLeon
- every two months
- (often avoided because of confusion with sense 1) twice a month; semimonthlySee bi- 1
- a periodical published every two months
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for bi-monthly
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper