- BillySamuel Wilder, 1906–2002, U.S. film director, producer, and writer; born in Austria.
- Laura In·galls [ing-guh lz] /ˈɪŋ gəlz/, 1867–1957, U.S. writer of children's books.
- Thorn·ton (Niv·en) [thawrn-tn niv-uh n] /ˈθɔrn tn ˈnɪv ən/, 1897–1975, U.S. novelist and playwright.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to lead or be led astray
- to bewilder or become bewildered
C17: of uncertain origin
- Billy, real name Samuel Wilder. 1906–2002, US film director and screenwriter, born in Austria. His films include Double Indemnity (1944), The Lost Weekend (1945), Sunset Boulevard (1950), The Seven Year Itch (1955), Some Like it Hot (1959), The Apartment (1960), and Buddy Buddy (1981)
- Thornton. 1897–1975 US novelist and dramatist. His works include the novel The Bridge of San Luis Rey (1927) and the play The Skin of Our Teeth (1942)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012