- made or consisting of two metals.
- of or relating to a bimetal.
- pertaining to bimetallism.
- Engraving. (of an offset plate) consisting of a face layer of chromium, stainless steel, or chemically prepared aluminum over a layer of copper.
Origin of bimetallic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bimetallic
It proves the humbug of the Bimetallic position up to the hilt.
The flame of the burners is regulated by a bimetallic thermostat.
He does not quibble as to the most important point in the bimetallic controversy.Money
John P. Jones
It is thus that Mr. Lepper creates a bimetallic system of money.The Arena
The merit of the bimetallic scheme does not depend on this at all.Readings in Money and Banking</p>
Chester Arthur Phillips
- consisting of two metals
- of, relating to, or based on bimetallism
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for bimetallic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper