- reproduction by budding.
- the theory of the transmission of hereditary characters by germ plasm.
Origin of blastogenesis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the theory that inherited characteristics are transmitted only by germ plasmSee also pangenesis
- asexual reproduction, esp budding
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Reproduction of unicellular organisms by budding.
- Development of an embryo during cleavage and germ layer formation.
- Transformation of small lymphocytes of human peripheral blood into large, undifferentiated cells capable of undergoing mitosis.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.