- a register or directory of socially prominent persons.
- any register or directory, as of major companies or officials.
- a blank book used in taking college examinations, usually with a blue cover.
- a British parliamentary or other publication bound in a blue cover.
- (initial capital letters) Trademark. a reference manual listing the current market value of used cars by model and year of manufacture.
- a similar manual listing the market value of other items, appliances, etc.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for blue book
Steve viewed that blue-book frowningly, envying Upton deeply.
You—you had a blue-book in your hand, however, did you not, when you—er—left?
Tom searched at the far end of the table and drew a blue-book to light.
It's a lie that you swiped Upton's blue-book with his composition in it, I suppose.
Everything he had, found some buyer; even a blue-book seemed to have its attraction.The Mystery of the Sea