- Also bob·tailed. having a bobtail.
- cut short; docked; cropped.
- shorter or briefer than usual; abbreviated: Several legislative items must be dropped from the current bobtail session of Congress.
Origin of bobtail
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bobtail
But Bobtail did not laugh, for Monkey was a friend, and a brother, in the generic sense.
He asked a thousand questions which Bobtail could not answer, and a thousand more which he did answer.
Neither of them said much, and Bobtail wondered what had happened.
Squire Gilfilian tried to calm him, and Bobtail walked off while he was doing so.
Then Bobtail said he had a letter for you, and I told him to put it on your desk.
- a docked or diminutive tail
- an animal with such a tail
- having the tail cut short
- to dock the tail of
- to cut short; curtail
C16: from bob ² + tail 1
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012