- an early-model bicycle, especially one with hard rubber tires.
- any uncomfortable vehicle.
- a rough ride in a vehicle.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for boneshaker
There was a rapid growth in the size of the front wheel, which in the boneshaker normally measured 36 or 38 in.
- an early type of bicycle having solid tyres and no springs
- slang any decrepit or rickety vehicle
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012