- strengthening; invigorating: This mountain air is bracing.
- of, relating to, or serving as a brace.
Origin of bracing
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. stimulating, revivifying, energizing.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bracingly
Instead, the real-life Freitag laughs, smiles, and is bracingly candid.Chopped? Amanda Freitag Hopes Not
February 4, 2014
"Of course you would be all right anyhow," Bob said bracingly.Queensland Cousins
Eleanor Luisa Haverfield
"Well, that oughtn't to influence you," Susan said bracingly.Saturday's Child
The Aeroplane Lady, bracingly cheerful, met them with a sheaf of official documents for the young Army aviator.The Boy with Wings
But I liked the third: it was so bracingly unorthodox, even according to the tenets of Soames' peculiar sect in the faith.Seven Men
- refreshing; stimulating; invigoratingthe air here is bracing
- a system of braces used to strengthen or supportthe bracing supporting the building is perfectly adequate
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012