- a sudden impulse, idea, etc.
- a fit of mental confusion or excitement.
- of or relating to brainstorming.
- to conduct or practice brainstorming.
- to subject (a problem) to brainstorming.
Origin of brainstorm
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a severe outburst of excitement, often as the result of a transitory disturbance of cerebral activity
- British informal a sudden mental aberration
- informal another word for brainwave
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for brainstormer
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper