Origin of brassy1
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
4. insolent, saucy, forward, cheeky, brash.
4. modest, shy, retiring.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- insolent; brazen
- flashy; showy
- (of sound) harsh, strident, or resembling the sound of a brass instrument
- like brass, esp in colour
- decorated with or made of brass
- a variant spelling of brassie
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for brassiness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper