- Arthur,1864–1936, U.S. journalist.
- a seaport in and the capital of Queensland, in E Australia.
- a state in NE Australia. 670,500 sq. mi. (1,736,595 sq. km). Capital: Brisbane.
Examples from the Web for brisbane
Indeed, Putin checked out of Brisbane early, claiming he needed to get some sleep.Digital Doublethink: Playing Truth or Dare with Putin, Assad and ISIS
Christopher Dickey, Anna Nemtsova
November 16, 2014
The G-20 leaders meeting the Russian president in Brisbane this weekend should be used to his lies.Putin Is Lying on Ukraine—and the West Can’t Stop Him
November 14, 2014
She was filmed desperately trying to hold her skirts down when she changed planes at Brisbane airport in September 2012.Kate Middleton's History of Flesh-Flashing Wardrobe Malfunctions
May 29, 2014
In September last year she was caught out when changing planes at breezy Brisbane airport.New Wardrobe Malfunction Today Suggests Kate REALLY Needs Hem Weights
June 13, 2013
They are, from left to right, Perth (bottom left corner), Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.Australia's Ominously Bright Night Sky
December 10, 2012
The poor woman's diary and the tank are preserved in the Museum at Brisbane.
On leaving Brisbane we found ourselves once more in the tropics.
You remember I told you about my cabby in Brisbane—don't you?
And in Brisbane, where I went to have a last try, they gave me the name of a lunatic.
Those of Brisbane, Sydney, and Adelaide are extensively beautiful.Recollections
David Christie Murray
- a port in E Australia, the capital of Queensland: founded in 1824 as a penal settlement; vast agricultural hinterland. Pop: 1 508 161 (2001)
- a state of NE Australia: fringed on the Pacific side by the Great Barrier Reef; the Great Dividing Range lies in the east, separating the coastal lowlands from the dry Great Artesian Basin in the south. Capital: Brisbane. Pop: 3 840 111 (2003 est). Area: 1 727 500 sq km (667 000 sq miles)
Word Origin and History for brisbane
Australian state, founded 1859 and named for Queen Victoria of Great Britain.