- Alexander,1788–1866, U.S. religious leader, born in Ireland: cofounder with his father, Thomas, of the Disciples of Christ Church.
- A·vril Phaedra [av-ril] /ˈæv rɪl/, Kim, born 1947, Canadian politician: first woman prime minister 1993.
- Col·en [kol-uh n, koh-luh n] /ˈkɒl ən, ˈkoʊ lən/or Colin,died 1729, Scottish architect and author.
- ColinBaron Clyde, 1792–1863, Scottish general.
- Sir John,1779–1861, English jurist and writer: Lord Chancellor of England 1859–61.
- Joseph,1904–87, U.S. mythologist.
- Sir Malcolm,1885–1948, English automobile and speedboat racer.
- Mrs. PatrickBeatrice Stella Tanner, 1865–1940, English actress.
- Thomas,1763–1854, Irish religious leader, in the U.S. after 1807: cofounder with his son, Alexander, of the Disciples of Christ Church.
- Thomas,1777–1844, Scottish poet and editor.
- a city in W California.
- a city in NE Ohio.
Examples from the Web for campbell
In one study, Campbell looked at some of the most popular Christian bloggers online.God vs. the Internet. And the Winner is…
November 16, 2014
According to Campbell, every hero encounters a wise mystic who helps him embrace his destiny.
As Campbell says, “the hero is a champion of things becoming, not of things become.”
“This was a Viking area where they settled and traded,” said Campbell.How To Strike Viking Gold
October 18, 2014
“He spent most of his time trying to impress me,” Campbell tells Piazza about a meeting with Ryan.The World Would Go to Hell Without Nuns
September 4, 2014
In his hurry, Campbell missed his footing, and fell overboard:—he could not swim.
Stern as Captain Campbell seemed, the loss of his son was irreparable.
He called for his secretary, Mr. Campbell, to write the despatches.The Life of Horatio Lord Nelson
This latter Mr. Campbell Dodgson considers to be a poor copy.Albert Durer
T. Sturge Moore
Mr. Campbell I've put a suit of Hosy's and some flannels on your bed.Kent Knowles: Quahaug
Joseph C. Lincoln
- Sir Colin, Baron Clyde. 1792–1863, British field marshal who relieved Lucknow for the second time (1857) and commanded in Oudh, suppressing the Indian Mutiny
- Donald. 1921–67, English water speed record-holder
- Sir Malcolm, father of Donald Campbell. 1885–1948, English racing driver and land speed record-holder
- Mrs Patrick, original name Beatrice Stella Tanner. 1865–1940, English actress
- Roy. 1901–57, South African poet. His poetry is often satirical and includes The Flaming Terrapin (1924)
- Thomas. 1777–1844, Scottish poet and critic, noted particularly for his war poems Hohenlinden and Ye Mariners of England
Word Origin and History for campbell
family name, from Gaelic caimbeul "wry or crooked mouth," from cam "crooked, deformed, one-eyed, cross-eyed." Also in surname Cameron, from Gaelic camshron "wry or hooked nose" (in the Highland clan; the Lowland name is for a locality in Fife). The Campbell Soup Company was started in 1869 by Joseph A. Campbell; Warhol began painting their cans in 1962.