- of Cambridge, England, or Cambridge University.
- of Cambridge, Mass., or Harvard University.
- a native or inhabitant of Cambridge, England or Cambridge, Mass.
- a student at or graduate of Cambridge University or Harvard University.
Origin of Cantabrigian
1610–20; < Medieval Latin Cantabrigi(a) Cambridge + -an
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for cantabrigian
Pleasant Taylor making himself merry with the stake was another Cantabrigian.Cambridge
Mildred Anna Rosalie Tuker
For the fourth time the New Haven men struggled to the Cantabrigian twenty-yard line.
Those who know the Cantabrigian guerilla respect his power, though they abhor his ways.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Cambridge or Cambridge University, or of Cambridge, Massachusetts, or Harvard University
- a member or graduate of Cambridge University or Harvard University
- an inhabitant or native of Cambridge
C17: from Medieval Latin Cantabrigia
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for cantabrigian
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper