- Pinyin, Wade-Giles. a city in and the capital of Jilin province, in NE China: former capital of Manchuria.
or Chi·lin, Ki·rin
- a province in NE China, N of the Yalu River. 72,201 sq. mi. (187,001 sq. km). Capital: Changchun.
- a port city in this province, on the Songhua River: a former provincial capital.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for changchun
The great money crop is the soy bean, and the lower picture shows miles of beans and bean-cake awaiting shipment at Changchun.Where Half The World Is Waking Up
- a city in NE China, capital of Jilin province: as Hsinking, capital of the Japanese state of Manchukuo (1932–45). Pop: 3 092 000 (2005 est)
- a province of NE China, in central Manchuria. Capital: Changchun. Pop: 27 040 000 (2003 est). Area: 187 000 sq km (72 930 sq miles)
- Also called: Chi-lin (ˈtʃiːˈlɪn) a river port in NE China, in N central Jilin province on the Songhua River. Pop: 1 496 000 (2005 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012