- a state in N Mexico. 94,831 sq. mi. (245,610 sq. km).
- the capital of this state.
- one of a Mexican or Aztec breed of very small dogs having either short or long hair of any one of a variety of colors.
Examples from the Web for chihuahua
M10 was captured last year during a raid by Chihuahua State Police on a stash house in Juárez.U.S. Visas Helped Fuel the Juárez Drug Wars
July 1, 2014
Sister networks formed in cities like Juarez, Chihuahua and Guadalajara.Mexican Journalists Speak Out on Reporter Murders
June 17, 2014
Q: Is there a tomb for the chihuahua where I can pay my respects?The Best of Taco Bell’s Reddit AMA
The Daily Beast
March 28, 2014
This is a chihuahua who likes to sing-along to a Vampire Weekend song.This Is a Video of Baxter the Baby Dog Singing Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa"
October 15, 2013
But in Hilton's case that tea cup Chihuahua is a published author.In Honor of ‘The Bling Ring,’ a Tribute to Paris Hilton’s Aughties Style
Misty White Sidell
June 6, 2013
Fifteen miles from Chihuahua are the rich silver mines of Eulalia.Aztec Land
Maturin M. Ballou
Been right through it, from Chihuahua to Tehuentepec and Campeachy.'The Book-Hunter at Home
P. B. M. Allan
They have devastated and depopulated a great portion of Sonora and Chihuahua.The Prairie Traveler
Why he was in Chihuahua, or whence he had come to it, no one seemed to know or care.
Six weeks have elapsed since the day of the duel at Chihuahua.
- a state of N Mexico: mostly high plateau; important mineral resources, with many silver mines. Capital: Chihuahua. Pop: 728 000 (2005 est). Area: 247 087 sq km (153 194 sq miles)
- a city in N Mexico, capital of Chihuahua state. Pop: 650 000 (2000 est)
- a breed of tiny dog originally from Mexico, having short smooth hair, large erect ears, and protruding eyes
Word Origin and History for chihuahua
dog breed, 1858, from the city and state in Mexico, said to be from a lost native word that meant "dry place."