- contrived or arranged by agreement; planned or devised together: a concerted effort.
- done or performed together or in cooperation: a concerted attack.
- Music. arranged in parts for several voices or instruments.
Origin of concerted
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1, 2. united, joint, cooperative.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- mutually contrived, planned, or arranged; combined (esp in the phrases concerted action, concerted effort)
- music arranged in parts for a group of singers or players
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012