- a hollow pastry made with cream puff paste and filled with custard sauce or whipped cream.
- a weak or timid person; sissy.
- a vehicle or machine that has been kept in unusually good condition or is very easy to operate.
Origin of cream puff
First recorded in 1885–90
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for cream puff
The girl laughed a merry laugh, then hurried away for a cream-puff.The Crimson Thread
Roy J. Snell
- a shell of light pastry with a custard or cream filling
- informal an effeminate man
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012