- a member of the branch of the Slavic peoples comprising the Czechs proper, the Moravians, and the Slovaks.
- a native or inhabitant of the former Czechoslovakia.
- of or relating to to the former Czechoslovakia, its people, or their language.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for czechoslovak
The cost of construction shall be borne by the Czechoslovak State.
Then he must go round to the Czecho-Slovak office for a Czechoslovak visa.The Salvaging Of Civilisation
H. G. (Herbert George) Wells
It is intended as a companion volume to my earlier collection, Czechoslovak Fairy Tales.The Shoemaker's Apron
Czechoslovaks who are habitually resident in Germany will have a similar right to opt for Czechoslovak nationality.
This rendering of some of the old Czechoslovak tales is not offered as a literal translation or a scholarly translation.Czechoslovak Fairy Tales
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the former Czechoslovakia, its peoples, or their languages
- (loosely) either of the two mutually intelligible languages of the former Czechoslovakia; Czech or Slovak
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012