- a brand of deep freezer.
- to quick-freeze (food).
- to store in a frozen state.
Origin of deep-freeze
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for deepfreeze
And did you use anything from the deepfreeze normally, in connection with the preparation of an evening meal?Warren Commission (3 of 26): Hearings Vol. III (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
- a type of refrigerator in which food, etc, is stored for long periods at temperatures below freezing
- storage in or as if in a deepfreeze
- informal a state of suspended activity
- (tr) to freeze or keep in or as if in a deepfreeze
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for deepfreeze
registered trademark (U.S. Patent Office, 1941) of a type of refrigerator; used generically for "cold storage" since 1949.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper