- of or relating to demography, the science of vital and social statistics.
- a single vital or social statistic of a human population, as the number of births or deaths.
- a specific segment of a population having shared characteristics: The producers were looking for a show that would appeal to the 18-34 demographic.
Origin of demographic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for demographical
So far as demographical information furnishes these tests it is of the highest value.Folkways
William Graham Sumner
- of or relating to demography
- a section of the population sharing common characteristics, such as age, sex, class, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for demographical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of or relating to demography.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.