- the common people of an ancient Greek state.
- the common people; populace.
- Sociology. a people viewed as a political unit.
Origin of demos
- to try out or exhibit the use of (a product, process, or the like): You can demo the game without downloading or buying it.
- to record (a song) to demonstrate the merits of the song or performer.
Origin of demo
- a member of the Democratic Party; Democrat.
Origin of Demo
Examples from the Web for demos
So he had demos made and touted them round the record companies; he pleaded and spieled and harangued.What It Was Like to Watch the Beatles Become the Beatles—Nik Cohn Remembers
February 9, 2014
I do karaoke singing, and I write songs a lot, and I do demos and sing them.Is Mick Jagger Too Old to Rock?
July 26, 2013
The latter will now go head to head with Fox's Fringe, a risky proposition given the overlap in demos.TV Upfronts 2012: NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, and the CW Announce Schedules
Jace Lacob, Maria Elena Fernandez
May 17, 2012
He is Senior Fellow at Demos, a non-partisan national think tank.Is Obama Anti-American?
September 21, 2010
Dylan duly made his demos, and they made the rounds—only he also released his own records of the songs he wrote.New Dylan Recordings Unveiled
August 24, 2010
If the Feds shd be disappointed, and the Demos disgusted with Genl.The Life of John Marshall Volume 3 of 4
Albert J. Beveridge
For him Demos has ever been the most exacting of tyrants, the true foe to individuality.Iconoclasts
This government by the demos, the people, was often far from successful.The Story of Mankind
Hendrik Van Loon
The man was openly exultant; he stood for Demos grasping the sceptre.Demos
This government by the "demos," the people, was often far from successful.The Story of Mankind
Hendrik van Loon
- the people of a nation regarded as a political unit
- rare the common people; masses
Word Origin and History for demos
short for demonstration (tape, disc, etc.). Music recording given out for promotional purposes, 1963. The word was used earlier to mean "a public political demonstration" (1936).