- Londonderry(defs 1, 2).
- a town in SE New Hampshire.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for derrys
The “Derrys” stood to till morning, but nothing fresh occurred.With the Ulster Division in France
Arthur Purefoy Irwin Samuels
- have a derry on Australian and NZ to have a prejudice or grudge against
C19: probably from derry down, a refrain in some folk songs, alluding to the phrase have a down on; see down 1
- slang a derelict house, esp one used by tramps, drug addicts, etc
C20: shortened from derelict
- a district in NW Northern Ireland, in Co Londonderry. Pop: 106 456 (2003 est). Area: 387 sq km (149 sq miles)
- another name for Londonderry
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012