- resembling a fascia or fibrous sheet.
- resembling a ligament; ligamentous.
- Pathology. a firm and tough tumor of nonmetastasizing, fibrous tissue.
Origin of desmoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- anatomy resembling a tendon or ligament
- pathol a very firm tumour of connective tissue
C19: from Greek desmos band + -oid; see desmid
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Fibrous or ligamentous.
- A benign tumor of firm scarlike connective tissue resulting from the proliferation of fibroblasts and occurring most frequently in the abdominal muscles of women who have borne children.desmoid tumor
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.