- a route, way, or course that turns at a sharp angle.
- to proceed around a sharp angle or along an angular or zigzag course: The road doglegged through the mountains.
Origin of dogleg
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for dogleg
I could just pick out the dogleg at Connors, and imagined I could see the traffic light at Chalmers.Cue for Quiet
Thomas L. Sherred
As we rode up we could see a gunyah made out of boughs, and a longish wing of dogleg fence, made light but well put together.Robbery Under Arms
Thomas Alexander Browne, AKA Rolf Boldrewood
- a sharp bend or angle
- something with a sharp bend
- (intr) to go off at an angle
- of or with the shape of a dogleg
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012