- a town in and the capital of Var, in SE France.
- a department in SE France. 2326 sq. mi. (6025 sq. km). Capital: Draguignan.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for draguignan
At Draguignan eight thousand National Guards take the oath in the presence of 20 000 spectators.The Origins of Contemporary France, Volume 2 (of 6)
Hippolyte A. Taine
They grow to an immense girth, and those in Draguignan were especially fine.
I first saw Draguignan some four miles away, as I rounded the shoulder of a hill.
The house was built, as the antiquarians of Draguignan avow, of stone that was hewn by the Romans for less peaceful purposes.Dross
Henry Seton Merriman
- a unit of reactive power of an alternating current, equal to the product of the current measured in amperes and the voltage measured in volts
from v (olt-) a (mperes) r (eactive)
- a department of SE France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Toulon. Pop: 946 305 (2003 est). Area: 6023 sq km (2349 sq miles)
- a river in SE France, flowing southeast and south to the Mediterranean near Nice. Length: about 130 km (80 miles)
- visual aural range
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012