- Edward,1809–83, English poet: translator of drama and poetry, especially of Omar Khayyám.
- George Francis,1851–1901, Irish physicist.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Edward . 1809–83, English poet, noted particularly for his free translation of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (1859)
- Ella . 1918–96, US jazz singer, noted esp for her vocal range and scat singing
- F (rancis) Scott (Key). 1896–1940, US novelist and short-story writer, noted particularly for his portrayal of the 1920s in The Great Gatsby (1925) and Tender is the Night (1934)
- Garret . 1926–2011, Irish politician; leader of Fine Gael Party (1977–87); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1981–82; and 1982–87)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012