- serving to eject.
- Phonetics. (of a voiceless stop, affricate, or fricative) produced with air compressed above the closed glottis.
- Phonetics. an ejective stop, affricate, or fricative.
Origin of ejective
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ejective
It applies with equal felicity to things and persons, to the objective and to the ejective realm.The Meaning of Truth
- relating to or causing ejection
- phonetics (of a plosive or fricative consonant, as in some African languages) pronounced with a glottal stop
- phonetics an ejective consonant
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012