- Eli,1765–1825, U.S. manufacturer and inventor.
- John Hay,1904–82, U.S. diplomat and newspaper publisher.
- Josiah Dwight,1819–96, U.S. geologist.
- William Dwight,1827–94, U.S. philologist and lexicographer (brother of Josiah Dwight).
- Mount, a mountain in E California, in the Sierra Nevada. 14,495 feet (4418 meters).
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Mount Whitney a mountain in E California: the highest peak in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and in continental US (excluding Alaska). Height: 4418 m (14 495 ft)
- Eli. 1765–1825, US inventor of a mechanical cotton gin (1793) and pioneer manufacturer of interchangeable parts
- William Dwight. 1827–94, US philologist, noted esp for his Sanskrit Grammar (1879)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012