- pertaining to or in the state of an embryo.
- rudimentary; undeveloped.
Also em·bry·o·nal [em-bree-uh-nl, em-bree-ohn-l] /ˈɛm bri ə nl, ˌɛm briˈoʊn l/.
Origin of embryonic
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. underdeveloped, immature, unfinished.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for embryonically
Then comes the sixth class, still partly identified with the Left of the fourth and embryonically attached to the fifth.The New Society
- of or relating to an embryo
- in an early stage; rudimentary; undeveloped
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for embryonically
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or being an embryo.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.