- having or seeming to have no end, limit, or conclusion; boundless; infinite; interminable; incessant: an endless series of complaints; Time is endless.
- made continuous, as by joining the two ends of a single length: an endless chain or belt.
Origin of endless
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. limitless, illimitable, unending, unceasing, continuous, perpetual. See eternal.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for endless
It is all too easy to be despondent in the face of what seems like the endless capacity of evil to reinvent itself.The Catholic Philosopher Who Took on Hitler
John Henry Crosby
December 26, 2014
Take responsibility for an endless stream of people, even as our own suffer, and struggle to get policy relief from Washington.The Progressive Case Against Birthright Citizenship
December 15, 2014
His arthritic knees are at their worst, despite the endless shots of painkiller.Alfred Hitchcock’s Fade to Black: The Great Director’s Final Days
December 13, 2014
Vieira realizes this mission makes him the butt of an endless onslaught of skepticism and criticism.Hunting for a Real-Life Hagrid
November 13, 2014
The possibilities of the types of cuisine that can be made are endless once you turn pot into butter (or oil) to cook with.Meet the Julia Child of Weed
November 13, 2014
The endless struggle for life had taught the survivors many things.Ancient Man
Hendrik Willem van Loon
And why all these endless preparations if these men of Martindale were not killers?Way of the Lawless
And if our flaws are endless, God's love is truly boundless.
Oh, yes, this is the counter for them to be found in endless variety.Ester Ried Yet Speaking
For once, the mental anaesthesia of endless figures had failed him.K
Mary Roberts Rinehart
- having or seeming to have no end; eternal or infinite
- continuing too long or continually recurring
- formed with the ends joinedan endless belt
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for endless
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper