- stretched out: extended wires.
- continued or prolonged: extended efforts.
- spread out: extended flags.
- widespread or extensive; having extension or spatial magnitude: extended treatment of a subject.
- outstretched: extended arms.
- Printing. expanded(def 3).
- of or relating to a meaning of a word other than its original or primary meaning: an extended sense.
Origin of extended
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- stretched out in time, space, influence, application, etc
- (of a horse's pace) free-moving and with long stepsan extended trot
- printing another word for expanded (def. 1)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012