- Disparaging and Offensive. a person who is overweight or obese (sometimes used as a term of address).
- a large marijuana cigarette, often shared and consumed by a group, with a shape and size similar to a cigar.
Origin of fatty2
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fatties
You know that these fatties actually follow me around on the net now, asking me questions in message boards about engineering?
Lester was more interested in what people had to say on the engineering message-boards than chatting with the fatties.
- containing, consisting of, or derived from fat
- having the properties of fat; greasy; oily
- (esp of tissues, organs, etc) characterized by the excessive accumulation of fat
- informal a fat person
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for fatties
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Containing or composed of fat.
- Characteristic of fat; greasy.
- Derived from or chemically related to fat.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.