- pertaining to a substance that possesses spontaneous electric polarization such that the polarization can be reversed by an electric field.
- a ferroelectric substance.
Origin of ferroelectric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of a substance) exhibiting spontaneous polarization that can be reversed by the application of a suitable electric field
- of or relating to ferroelectric substances
- a ferroelectric substance
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Relating to a typically crystalline dielectric that can be given a permanent electric polarization by application of an electric field.
- A ferroelectric substance.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.