- Alexander,1st Baron Ashburton,1774–1848, British statesman.
- Evelyn, 1st Earl of Cromer,1841–1917, British statesman and diplomat.
- 1st Earl of. Evelyn Baring.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a resort in E England, on the Norfolk coast: fishing. Pop: 8836 (2001)
- 1st Earl of, title of (Evelyn) Baring
- Evelyn, 1st Earl of Cromer. 1841–1917, English administrator. As consul general in Egypt with plenipotentiary powers, he controlled the Egyptian government from 1883 to 1907
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012