- Ella,1918–96, U.S. jazz singer.
- F(rancis) Scott (Key),1896–1940, U.S. novelist and short-story writer.
- a town in central Georgia.
- a male given name.
- Edward,1809–83, English poet: translator of drama and poetry, especially of Omar Khayyám.
- George Francis,1851–1901, Irish physicist.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fitzgerald
Available at Rose Fitzgerald Kane, $55 With this bag, your little one may just be the cutest in the class.The Daily Beast’s 2014 Holiday Gift Guide: For the Angelina Jolie in Your Life
November 29, 2014
Grenier speaks about his favorite writers, from Dante to Fitzgerald, as if they are his best friends.This Week’s Hot Reads: October 27, 2014
October 27, 2014
Fitzgerald, Nabokov, Huxley, and the rest of them failed in Hollywood for a variety of reasons.
Fitzgerald was fired from Gone with the Wind after one week.
“I am utterly miserable,” Fitzgerald whimpered in a letter to Mankiewicz.
I had often heard of Mr. Fitzgerald's propensity to duelling.
Mr. Fitzgerald took up the proof-sheet and read one of the pastorals.
From that evening I was particularly cautious in avoiding Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald meets him, treachery, at least towards his kinsman.History of England from the Fall of Wolsey to the Death of Elizabeth. Vol. II.
James Anthony Froude
"So much the worse—so much the worse," said Fitzgerald despondingly.The Confessions of Harry Lorrequer, Complete
Charles James Lever (1806-1872)
- Edward . 1809–83, English poet, noted particularly for his free translation of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám (1859)
- Ella . 1918–96, US jazz singer, noted esp for her vocal range and scat singing
- F (rancis) Scott (Key). 1896–1940, US novelist and short-story writer, noted particularly for his portrayal of the 1920s in The Great Gatsby (1925) and Tender is the Night (1934)
- Garret . 1926–2011, Irish politician; leader of Fine Gael Party (1977–87); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1981–82; and 1982–87)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012