- an act of floating.
- the state of floating.
- floating power; buoyancy.
- anything that floats; flotsam.
- the part of a ship above the water line.
Origin of flotage
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for flotage
The trees grow in salt water several feet deep, where their labyrinth of roots and branches collect and hold sediment and flotage.
- the act or state of floating; flotation
- buoyancy; power or ability to float
- objects or material that float on the surface of the water; flotsam
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012