- length or extent in feet: the footage of lumber.
- payment by the running foot of work done.
- the amount so paid.
- a motion-picture scene or scenes: newsreel footage; jungle footage.
Origin of footage
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a length or distance measured in feet
- the extent of film material shot and exposed
- the sequences of filmed material
- payment, by the linear foot of work done
- the amount paid
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for footages
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper