Try Our Apps


Avoid these words. Seriously.

Fowler flap

noun, Aeronautics.
a flap normally forming a part of the trailing edge of an airplane wing, capable of being moved backward and rotated downward in order to increase lift through increased camber and wing area.
Origin of Fowler flap
named after Harlan D. Fowler, 20th-century American aeronautical engineer Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018.
Cite This Source

Word of the Day

Nearby words for fowler flap

Word Value for Fowler

Scrabble Words With Friends