- to purify (cocaine) by dissolving in ether, sodium hydroxide, etc., and filtering off the precipitate.
- to ingest (freebased cocaine).
- to freebase cocaine.
- freebased cocaine.
Origin of freebase
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for freebase
In fact, that is the reason I never did freebase—having that experience in that play with her while she was doing it.
I sat in her dressing room that night and watched her freebase and say, “Look how beautiful the smoke is.”
Preparation of freebase, which involves the use of volatile solvents, can result in death or injury from fire or explosion.
Crack or freebase rock is extremely addictive, and its effects are felt within 10 seconds.
- slang cocaine that has been refined by heating it in ether or some other solvent
- to refine (cocaine) in this way
- to smoke or inhale the fumes from (refined cocaine)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for freebase
1980 (noun and verb), in reference to cocaine. As a chemical process, it returns a salt form of an alkaloid to its pure form. Related: Freebased; freebasing.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper