- to give away (used goods or materials) to people who want them, or to obtain (such items) for free.
- to exchange used items for free.
- an online community that facilitates such exchanges.
Origin of freecycle
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an informal network of citizens who cooperate online to promote recycling by offering one another unwanted items free of charge
- (tr) to recycle (an unwanted item) by offering it to someone free of charge
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012